3 Effortless Ways to Deal with Erectile Dysfunction
Most men experience erectile dysfunction as they age. You might be one of them, but that doesn’t have to mean the very end of your sex life. You can learn how to deal with erectile dysfunction and get back on track. Here are three things to consider when learning how to cope with erectile dysfunction.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Before you learn to deal with erectile dysfunction, you should know what’s causing it so you can address the root of the problem.
Physical Causes of ED
There may be physical reasons behind your problem, such as:
- Insufficient blood flow to the penis due to diabetes, smoking, etc.
- The inability of the penis to trap blood during an erection
- Brain signals not reaching the penis due to recent injury, surgery, or certain diseases
- Cancer treatments and certain medications for other medical conditions
Emotional Causes of ED
When learning how to deal with erectile dysfunction, you may find that your problem arises from emotional reasons such as:
- Relationship issues
- Sexual performance anxiety
You may even be experiencing ED due to both physical and emotional reasons. After all, there needs to be a certain harmony between your mind and body so you can perform well sexually.
How to Cope With Erectile Dysfunction
Once you have identified the causes of your ED, you can start learning more about the ways to deal with it.
1. Medication and Professional Help
The first step in learning how to deal with erectile dysfunction is to seek professional help. You may be experiencing ED due to an underlying health issue such as high blood pressure, heart disease, or diabetes. A doctor can help confirm that and treat your condition so it won’t affect your sexual performance anymore.
On the other hand, you may be experiencing ED from medications you are already taking. Some drugs can have side effects on sexual performance, and with a doctor’s help, you can find a way around it.
After identifying the root of your ED, the doctor may recommend some of the following treatments.
Oral Medications for ED
Taking oral medications is how you can deal with erectile dysfunction to reclaim your sex life. Some of the most prescribed drugs for ED include:
These medications all work by affecting chemicals that relax muscles in the penis and increase blood flow. They are not aphrodisiacs or immediate solutions, but with the correct dosage, they can help you get and maintain an erection.
Other Professional Treatments for ED
You have other treatment options if you want to learn how to cope with erectile dysfunction without oral medications. Some of these treatments are:
- Injection therapy
- Penis pumps and implants
- Alprostadil urethral suppository
- Testosterone replacement therapy
2. Talk to Your Partner
Now that you know how to deal with erectile dysfunction with a professional’s help, you can learn more about what you can do to battle ED. Talking to your partner about sex is one of the most effective things you can do.
Your ED may be caused by anxiety from past sexual experiences or insecurities about your looks. Talking to your partner about your fears and worries can help you tackle the erectile dysfunction stigma and distress. If you bottle up your emotions and personal battles, you risk feeling alone and disconnected from your partner.
How to Talk to Your Partner About Your ED?
Starting the conversation about the fact that you’re learning how to cope with erectile dysfunction is always hard, no matter how close you and your partner are. However, it’s the first step in the right direction. Here are some tips you can use to make it easier:
- Choose the right time to talk about your sexual issues. A neutral time is the best option. Don’t bring it up before or after sex or during stressful moments.
- Be patient with your partner because they may get defensive and take it personally. Remain calm and reassure them that they are not the cause of your issue.
- Remind them that you are on this journey together. ED is treatable, and you can look into solutions together.
3. Lifestyle Habits
Changing your lifestyle habits is how you can deal with erectile dysfunction to enjoy an active sex life again. Erectile dysfunction self-care is as important as getting professional help and talking to your partner. Here are some of the changes you can start making today:
- Quit smoking and drinking too much alcohol. These harmful habits can not only affect your sexual performance but also hurt your overall health.
- A practical step in learning how to cope with erectile dysfunction is changing your diet. Try eating healthier foods that help erectile dysfunction instead of processed foods and refined sugar. Include more fruits, vegetables, and seafood in your meals.
- Increase your intake of vitamins that are good for erectile dysfunction. You can do this by taking ED supplements or eating a healthier diet.
- Another way of learning how to deal with erectile dysfunction effectively is to lose excess body weight. Being overweight increases risk factors for ED, such as diabetes.
- Engage in more physical activity. You can try different exercises for ED, like aerobics or kegel exercises. It doesn’t even have to be vigorous exercise. A 30-minute walk or some dancing will also do the job.
Face ED With RX Sleeve
Now that you know how to deal with erectile dysfunction, you can take action and reclaim your sex life. We are here to help you through this journey by offering you comfortable and realistic-looking penis sleeves. You can build your own custom sleeve and get it with discreet shipping.
Shop now and bring intimacy back into your life. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, and visit our blog to learn more about men’s sexual health topics.
Ready to get close again?
Regain what you may have lost because of impotence.